Officiating the Wedding of Two Former Students

>> Thursday, May 19, 2022

I was asked over 2 years ago if I could officiate the wedding of 2 former students of mine. I was incredibly honored! Then it got postponed for a year because of COVID. Then it got postponed again. I swore they would just elope (that'd be their style), but then they picked a date for this year. We met up last month to talk about what they wanted, and I became ordained this past winter. (Long-story-short, I'm ordained by "Universal Life Church" which allows you to hold whatever other religious beliefs you'd like [so I'm still a practicing Catholic], and I didn't unite them by any power of God - only through Ramsey County and the State of Minnesota which was granted to me by Universal Life Church.)

The wedding was about an hour north of the Cities near Taylor's Falls at Franconia Sculpture Park (an awesome place to visit and run around). They got married in the back corner of the park under a 30' blue flag that was gently waving in the breeze, and then the reception was in Franconia's new "barn" near the main entrance. It was an incredibly good time. I teased them and told embarrassing stories for 15 minutes, and then they exchanged vows and rings. Here are a few photos found on social media:


Brie's dress!


Brie's folks walking her down the aisle. (Her Dad was JUST getting over
COVID and missed the rehersal and groom's dinner the night before.)


The men were equally spiffy. (I was more subdued as to not take too much attention.)


Under the flags.




I grabbed this shot as I stepped away during the vows.


Yay!!!!!


Tyler's brother's post (reflected in a sculpture).


Back in the "barn."




My cutie was in an awesome yellow dress.


Hamming around afterwards!


A crew from (the deceased) College of Visual Arts!


The wedding party (and then the bride and groom) gave speeches from a little balcony next to the barn.


Love this shot.

Tyler and Brie, I was honored to be part of your celebration! What a day and what a party!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.