Harvest 2016

>> Monday, October 03, 2016

My wife was gone from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon at her youngest sister's bachelorette party, so I spent the weekend hanging out with my boys. On Saturday, us dudes spent a few hours at my parents place in southern MN. Here are a few pics:


My Dad got a go-kart for the grandkids. Oh boy. But all the kids LOVE it.


These 2 pics show about 1/2 of the sweet potatoes my sister and I dug.


Henry and his cousin Bree running up to the combine in my Dad's field.


The 4 grandkids all rode with Mark for a 1/2 round. Thanks Mark!

Sidenote: my 60+ year-old Dad is now semi-retired, and he sold his combine last year. This was the first year he contracted Mark to harvest for him, and he's LOVING the reduced stress. And Mark (and his son) are doing a great job.


Mark (and the kids) heading down the field. This is the "home" field,
and that's the farm where I grew up on the left.


GOODIES FROM MOM: 3 spaghetti squash, a honeydew, lots of apples and gourds,
some onions, some sweet potatoes, and some regular potatoes (not pictured).


More goodies in the cooler: peas, green beans, brocolli, brussels sprouts,
a cut up honeydew, LOTS of carrots, and a gallon of fresh apple juice.


The car ride back from Mom and Dad's was QUIET.


A "before and after:" a few hours after we got home, I cooked up some of the sweet potatoes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.