Camp Fire Food

>> Saturday, July 16, 2016

I spent 3 days this past week camping with my 5-year-old near Duluth, MN. It was fantastic, and I'll have a lot of photos for you on Monday. For now, here's some of the tasty food we made/ate:


I Instagrammed this with the caption: "Tasty campfire food (l to r): hot
Monte Cristos (meat and cheese dredged in egg and fried) 2 nights ago;
bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwiches yesterday morning;
and old-fashioned wieners with lemon pepper shrimp last night."



The tasty breakfast sandwich on day 2 (with another pan of bacon on the fire in the background).


Eating at our campsite.


Breakfast on our 3rd day: I fried left-over hot dogs in little pieces,
and then fried eggs in their grease. Delicious.

My wife asked me 2 weeks ago: "Are you going camping simply so you can use your cast iron pan over an open fire?"

I wasn't able to give her a straight answer...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.