More Securian Photos and the Winter Run Mugs

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Local photographer Wayne Kryduba (who shoots many photos for the MDRA) posted some photos from the Securian Run. Here are a few photos of his images I want to share:


Start of the half with the "mascot" leading us out. I'd be somewhere right under the arch.


Sweet race signs.


After making the final turn, it was 1 block to the finish!


The Securian mascot, and the Winter Run bear.


I mean no offense, but this runner must not be from the area. It was a beautiful
32 degree winter morning in MN - FAR too warm to only have your eyes showing.


The winner of the half. He had a major lead at the turn-around that he held on to.


The pack of Mill City runners that I noted in my race report who
finished 2nd through 7th (passing a 10K runner on the left).


The shirts.

Oh, and that photo of the shirt design reminds me of the best part about doing the Securian Run: the mugs! This was my 6th Securian Half, and here's my mug collection:


2008-2011, and then 2016 on the right.
(Yes, the logo and any design on the 3rd mug has totally worn off.)


The first year I did it (my FIRST half), the mugs had a built-in spoon.


2011, 2012, and 2016. The flare at the edge of this year's cup is a nice detail.
It fits my mouth nicely when chugging Jägermeister drinking tea.

Finally, that frozen face photo of me that was making its rounds appeared on the Securian Run Facebook page. (That photo was first part of a SlowTwitch article, and then was talked about on CCO's website and in a radio spot.) I got an email from the Securian people asking if they could post it, and then this appeared in the week leading up to the race:



Here's my race report if you missed it! Back with some training updates soon - another half marathon is just 10 days away!

1 comments:

T 2:19 PM, February 10, 2016  

i really like that race shirt this year. (and yes, i'm almost at the point where i do races solely for the medal/shirt ...)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.