A Spill on my Bike, and Striking the Ego of a College Runner

>> Sunday, December 13, 2015

I posted this on Facebook on Wednesday:



Here are some pics from an Instagram post of mine that show the aftermath:


Caption: "Wounds from a pre-dawn icy bike crash. Bike is fine. First below freezing ride,
and it was too slick for my tri bike! Knee on the left,
big road rash on hip, little scrape on elbow."


Yes, that's technically a bare butt cheek on the far left of the hip photo. Deal with it.

Then on Thursday, Charlie and I went for our normal bi-weekly run. And something funny happened:


Caption: "Charlie may have (adorably) destroyed a college runners ego on our 7 mile run
this morning. We passed him when Charlie was still awake, and Charlie shot his hand out of
the side of the stroller, waved, and said 'hiiiii.' The guy laughed, but I think he wanted to cry."


Sidenote: YES, that's green grass in the background of the photo of Charlie. In mid-December. In Minnesota. And Charlie didn't have to wear gloves; just a thin sweatshirt and a hat. I STILL haven't warn anything on my legs for any bike ride or run yet this fall/winter! LOVING THIS WINTER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.