Racing TODAY!

>> Saturday, September 20, 2014

So my duathlon today is not an "A-race." I just decided on Wednesday to do this as maybe a good endurance workout leading up to the TC "Loony Challenge" in TWO weeks!

Case in point: I went out for a SHORTER but HARDER run just 2 days ago. Charlie and I were home while Henry was at pre-school, so we hit the trails together. We did nearly 7 miles with the middle 3 at 10-mile-race-pace: 6:07, 6:14, and 6:00. Here are 2 photos from my Instagram page:


"Ready for a morning run with Daddy."


"After 7 miles in the stroller (with the middle 3 at 6:07 pace),
my training partner looked like this."



I didn't Instagram this photo, but this was after he woke up and I took off his hat and blanket.
Needless to say, he loved the run!

As far as today's race goes, I hoping to finish somewhere in the 1:45 - 1:50 range (so it's a nice length to work on my endurance). It's a 3.3 mile run, a 21.6 mile bike, and a 3.3 mile run. I've never done this race, but I know it's NOT flat. I'm hoping to be just over an hour for the bike - that's the longest bike race distance I've done in over 2 years, so who knows! And then somewhere around 20 minutes for the 2 runs. Add in some transitions, and 1:45 SOUNDS possible. We'll see. (Based on the conditions or how I'm feeling, I could be thrilled with 2:00 or disappointed with 1:35.)

Yesterday morning, I got my Speedplays changed after they broke on Wednesday, and Henry and I got Goldilocks shined up:



Check my tweets for race updates, and stop by soon for a race report!

And if you missed it, I interviewed 3 people (including last year's winner) about how to prep for a "3 race weekend" like the "Loony Challenge" - a 10K and 5K on Saturday, and a 10 mile on Sunday. CLICK HERE to read the post from Thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.