Show Me Your Body (and 2 other things)

>> Saturday, February 09, 2013

Leigh tweeted me yesterday joking that she didn't see her photo in my tumblr post about women doing pull-ups.

And that gave me an idea.

"Why not ask readers for their 'hard body' pics?"

If you're "fit" and you've ever seen a photo of yourself at a race / workout / anywhere and thought "dang, I'm lookin GOOD there," then pass it along. I could do some "reader's hard bodies" in my daily "hard body" post.

Tweet me a photo, e-mail me a link, post something in the comments... anything works! I tend to post females one day and males the next around 4:30 p.m. on my tumblr page. (Here's the link to everything with the "hard body of the day" tag.) Send me photos and I'll post them and link to your website / blog / twitter / whatever.

I went to Leigh's blog and found these recent photos:




Holy cats - nice work Leigh!


Unrelated to that... I recently got back from the Y where I did some 100s. I had a good long warm-up, and then did 10 x 100 with 30 seconds rest. I did them in 1:25, 1:25, 1:28, 1:27, 1:26, 1:28, 1:25, 1:26, 1:27, and 1:25, for a 1:26.2 / 100 average. I'm hoping to take around 10 seconds off my average 100 when I race my first freestyle 100 at my first swim meet in 2 weeks. Yikes. But really, I have no idea what to expect for an all-out open 100.

I'm hanging out with Henry all weekend, and he's been doing GREAT at "Kids Care" at the Y. A year ago, I'd be able to get in a 20:00 workout before they came to get me to say "your kid's been crying the whole time - you have to take him." But they INSISTED that we keep trying to bring him because he just needs to get used to it. Then 6 months ago, I could usually get in about 30:00 before going back to get him - they'd say "oh, he JUST started getting a little upset 5 minutes ago." Now for the past 2 months, he's been perfect! We went 2 weeks ago and again today, and both times he was there about an hour (just under an hour 2 weeks ago, and over 80 minutes today). Now he doesn't want to leave! He wants to stay and play with the other kids and the "new" toys!

Speaking of Henry, here's a video from last night. Watch (and listen) what happens when he's spelling his name and gets to the Y. Turn it up:


http://youtu.be/3sUfaqEVDx0


And one final thing... I got a great call on Wednesday from the New York Times Magazine. I've done a few projects for them before, including shooting a cover story for them back in 2006. One of their photo editors called me about a big project they're having photographers all over the nation work on for them. They needed photos in 5 days (Monday) - their timelines are always tight.

Well, there's good news and bad news about this project: the GOOD NEWS is that I made photos while out on a 10.7 mile run on Thursday morning, and I'm about to submit my invoice to be paid - I got paid to go for a run! The BAD NEWS is that I just found out that the head photo editor at the NY Times decided to make it a local project only with NY photographers, so my images won't be published. Dang. I'll have more on this on Monday. It was a great, quick idea for a project, and I want to share what I was able to get with you all.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Josie 7:58 PM, February 09, 2013  

I had the same experience leaving my kiddo (now 27 months) at the childcare at the Y. The beginning sucked, but I kept bringing her 2x a week and now she runs in to see her friends! It it quite refreshing. Of course, she has developed the habit of pooping EVERY time I bring her so the staff comes and gets me out of the pool (usually in the middle of a hard set) and I go running through the lobby in by towel with my cap still on to change her diaper. But, still better than crying baby and 15 minute workout!

Unknown 8:41 PM, February 09, 2013  

I feel really flabby right now. I'll have to see if I can dig something up. Having kids left me with extra skin, which no matter how thin I am, I still have around my middle. Blech!

Also, I have been there with the kids club. It just takes time. I have been taking Soren to a gym daycare at least 2x/week for the past 2.5 years now, so he has the drill down. We just switched to the Y, and the ladies are so happy that he loves it. He has his good days and bad days, like will throw a fit for me sometimes at the start when he is mad we are going period, but usually that is just for me, to show me that he really is unhappy that I made him go, but he settles down really quick. Keira asks to go to the gym now even.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.