TC Marathon, Animal Crackers, and Root Beer

>> Thursday, October 04, 2012

First: TC Marathon Cheering Outfit...

So I'm STILL not sure if I'm renting an animal outfit for the marathon this year. The weather looks to be OK, so that would lead me to rent one. But my parents will be up for the first time, I'll be running around with Henry, we'll be hopping in and out of our cars, and it's harder to deal with a large bulky costume on top of all of that. Add all of that to the fact that it's hard to see people with that big bird head on, and I'm LEANING towards not renting a costume this year. Maybe I'll just cheer in the Tutti Frutti shorts:



Or maybe I'll get the Grim Reaper costume out of retirement:



OOH!! OOH!! MAYBE I'LL COMBINE THE SHORTS AND THE GRIM REAPER COSTUME!!! It will probably be a "game day" decision, so just stop back to look for photos next week. If you're running, look for me at the start (to the right side of the street), around mile 15 (near the Ford Bridge just before you first hop along side of the Mississippi), and around mile 25.5 (near the JJ Hill house and the Cathedral).



Second: Animal Crackers...

I tweeted something about liking animal crackers about 2 months ago. Brandon G, someone who I nearly met in person about 2 years ago, tweeted me saying that he flies a lot, and he has a collection of small animal cracker packages from all of his flights. Then he tweeted asking for my address because he wanted to send them to me! Sure, stranger from the internet, send me your uneaten food!

No seriously, I gave him my address and soon I got a small package in the mail. On top was this note:

Dear Steve (in a Speedo)

Please enjoy the animal crackers. Yes, Brandon was serious.

They'll be power food for you, Pharmie, and Henry (when he can eat them).

Hope you meet you in person sometime!!

Love, Team Baby Dino
Theresa - @tgeist23
Brandon - bgeist111

And underneath was 14 packages of animal crackers with airline stickers all over them:


Thanks Theresa and Brandon!!! You guys are too funny! :)



Third: Root Beer Journal...

Henry, Pharmie, and I stopped at "Minnesota's Largest Candy Store" last weekend. I left with a case of assorted root beers and sodas:



And then I finally started something I've been wanting to do for a while. I've just started keeping a "Root Beer Journal." I decided to make it public at http://rootbeerjournal.blogspot.com. I'll post reviews of root beers and other sodas. Check it out. Follow it on the right side of the blog. I just had my worst root beer ever last night, so that poor review will be going up in the next day.

Oh, and if you have a soda or root beer that I MUST TRY, stop by my root beer blog and let me know! Thanks!

5 comments:

Sue's Ramblings 8:48 AM, October 04, 2012  

I miss the root beer float I used to have when cramming for college finals at A&W.

TriMOEngr 11:42 AM, October 04, 2012  

Hate all root beer and most flavored sodas (creme soda the worst). Vote for Reaper/tutti frutti combo. Understand the bulky costume challenge, but love the farm animal videos. Hope you have some good music going for the racers. Best wishes to Pharmie on her run.

Running In Boise 11:47 AM, October 04, 2012  

My ex-bf had a notebook of his reviews of root beer. This was before the internet blogging days. If I remember right, I think that his notebook was also filled with Star Trek quotes too.

T 4:57 PM, October 04, 2012  

glad you liked the animal crackers. ;) commented on your latest post on the root beer blog on a local brew from colorado you should try to track down.

CoachLiz 6:21 PM, October 04, 2012  

There is a local brewery here in Houston called St. Arnold's Brewery. They make root beer in small batches and it is nectar of the Gods.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.