>> Friday, May 18, 2012
When the semester ended, I collected my student's "process journals" to grade some of their process work from throughout the semester. On the first page of one of my student's journal, I found "BEST TEACHER QUOTES." I got her permission to post these, and I've blurred out the quotes from other teachers. (I have 7 of the 10 quotes she wrote down - I say some random stuff in my classes.)
See below for a legible interpretation and any back-story.
2. "This is a really expensive piece of equipment held together with someones' garter." As in the sexy thing on your leg to hold your stockings up. Yep. True story.
3. "This is starting to look... atheist or something..." I remember saying that, but I forget why.
4. "Does this make sense? Does this all taste magically delicious right now?" I'm pretty proud of that line.
5. "If you don't have good primaries, you probably should be murdered." Well, it WAS a Color Theory class, so I kinda stand by that line...
6. "Those big TVs that sat on your parents floor and gave off radiation and made Dad sterile." OK, as I said in the last point, it was a Color Theory class... so... no... I have NO idea how this came up...
7. "What's the opposite of orange?... Tuesday?" Probably my best quote of the class. Well, either this one or the 'you should be murdered' one.