10 Mile Confirmation

>> Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's official. This just came in the mail:



I'm #11210. I've got 10 days to convince myself that I CAN hold on to sub-6s for 10 miles. That I CAN put up with the pain for 59:xx. That I CAN survive until the end.

Oh, and here's an important Farm Animal Update: This year, the Cow (Matt) and the Chicken (me) will be back to cheer for the marathon runners, but the pig is being replaced:



Instead, we'll be having a Raccoon (Mike) and a Moose (Borsch) join us!





So marathon runners, look for a jolly group of 4 random animals about a half mile from the finish line.

No runners, you're not hallucinating.

Yes, those are farm animals you see there.

;)

p.s. If you're a "local," consider becoming a fan of the "St. Paul Triathlon Examiner" on Facebook. I'll be posting links to my articles and other things going on in the local tri / du / swimming / biking / running community, and by "liking" this page, this info will just appear in your FB news feed. So CLICK HERE and "like" the St. Paul Triathlon Examiner! Thanks!

11 comments:

Unknown 7:52 AM, September 23, 2010  

It's really cool that you get out there to cheer folks on during that marathon. I'm sure the runners appreciate it!

Diana Tries-A-Tri! 8:38 AM, September 23, 2010  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana Tries-A-Tri! 8:38 AM, September 23, 2010  

I want to go farm where they keep chickens, cows, moose, and raccoons!

Steve Stenzel 8:43 AM, September 23, 2010  

Ha! Diana, I'm so used to referring to all of us as "farm animals" that I'm still doing it after we have a raccoon and moose in the mix! For 3 years it was a cow, chicken, and pig, but now I don't know how to refer to all of us!! :)

Betsy 10:26 AM, September 23, 2010  

um....please don't tell me you OWN that many different animal costumes?!?

B. Kramer 11:03 AM, September 23, 2010  

Cheer hard, then run loud! Wait, no, reverse that. Cheers!

TriEric 11:45 AM, September 23, 2010  

You need to stop being a pansie about this ten miler. Right here and now say to yourself...."I'm going to run hard and fast for 10 miles."

As master Yoda has always said, "Do or Do not...there is no try"

Would you rather have a confirmation ticket to Mamby Pamby land.

Julie 6:07 PM, September 23, 2010  

Hi Steve,
I will be there to cheer you on! Good luck with the TC 10 mile:)

TriGirl Kate O 7:47 PM, September 23, 2010  

Wait a second there! How the hell am I gonna rope another person into being Bullwinkle?!?! Added to which, despite how much fun I had dancing to "Single Ladies" and "My Humps" in a cow costume, I need to help a friend and run the last 6 miles in with her. Ack!

Best of luck, and I KNOW YOU CAN! HAVE FAITH IN THE PLAN!

Christine 11:07 AM, September 24, 2010  

The runners will love you. It's such a huge lift to have people - and animals - cheering.

Anonymous,  6:54 PM, October 03, 2010  

I would like to exchange links with your site iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.