Cross County Skiing at Town and Country Club

>> Sunday, December 27, 2009

Wednesday was Pharmie’s last day of work before her “Christmas break,” and she didn’t have to work until 9:30 am. So we got up early and walked a few blocks to the Town and County Club Golf Course. Pharmie had her skis, and I just had an old pair of running shoes: we only HAD about 6 inches of snow, so I figured I could run along side her as she skied. (This was before the dumping of 8-10 inches more a few days ago...)

Here are a couple of photos:


Nearing the golf course


“Breaking in” at one of the open parts of the fence


“Got a little Captain in ya?” Hee hee...


Skiing in the dark (that’s Lake Street lit up on the left)






Zombie ducks with glowing eyes!! Aahhhh! Save the children!


The glow from the city

Even though the sun was FAR from being up when we started, the city is still bright enough at night. The snow and the clouds bounced around plenty of light to see.

Here’s Pharmie GRACEFULLY ascending a climb:



Then her grace went out the window, and she ended up doing this:


Don't worry, everything’s OK: she broke her fall with her face.


Up another hill as it started to get lighter

Pharmie grabbed my camera and got a shot of me running next to her:



She took the photo, said it looked a little awkward, and asked if she should take another one. I told her “No... When do I NOT look ‘a little awkward?’” She saw my point. So we just kept going.

Soon, it was fully light out, and Pharmie had to get back home so she could be off to work. Here she is getting out of her skis:



What a fun way to start a cool, winter morning in MN!!

If you haven’t gotten me a Christmas present yet you could click here and cast your vote for “Steve in a Speedo” as Endurance Blog of the Year! “Fat Cyclist” is currently kickin my butt, but we’ll do what we can to catch him! Thanks!

7 comments:

Julie @ ROJ Running 3:04 PM, December 27, 2009  

Well I put a link up on my facebook to try and get you some more votes...but fatcyclist w/ 70 percent! He's cheating

Steve Stenzel 3:19 PM, December 27, 2009  

THANKS JULIE!! That guy sure has a HUGE following - we'll see if we can catch him!!

Kristin Bradfield 3:47 PM, December 27, 2009  

Looks fun! Love the creepy ducks...

Badgergirl 8:41 PM, December 27, 2009  

Looks like a great way to start the morning!

KodaFit 12:10 PM, December 28, 2009  

I just put a link out on Facebook to try and get you some extra votes. Might try a post on my blog tonight, but that'll only get you two more at the most!

Hey - if Phamie want's to try out a Winter Triathlon (Run, Bike, Ski). They have a great one out here in Utah (National Championships I believe). My son and I are heading up to volunteer at it this year - should be a blast!

Iron Girl Nyhus 3:31 PM, December 31, 2009  

Does Pharmie skate ski at all???? I busted out the classic and skate skis a couple times this year... tell her to give a call for a ski!

Laura
p.s. you can run along side I suppose

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.