May in Review

>> Monday, June 17, 2024

May was just a SOLID training month. Here’s what my training log looked like:


The 26th was the only full “rest” day before the Brian Kraft 5K.

May totals:

• SWIM: 10,450 yards. Average to weak.
• BIKE: 310.21 miles. HUGE! But a lot of commuting (not all “training”).
• TRAINER: 4 hrs 28 mins. Last trainer ride was 5 weeks ago.
• RUN: 97.42 miles. Decent. I like to be around 100.
• STRENGTH: 54 hrs and 3 mins. Monthly PR. HUGE.

Regarding my strength time: I’ve had 6 out of the last 7 months as my 6 biggest months ever for strength work! I’ve been putting in the workouts lately!! March was my previous PR with over 52 hours of strength work, and April wasn’t far behind with nearly 50 hours.

After 2 running PRs in April, I was able to set one more in May at the Brian Kraft 5K. A 5K PR was NOT on my radar for this year! (Or ever again!!)

Biking distance was HUGE - it was my 2nd biggest month in the last 10-15 years or so!! (Behind July of last year.) Again, FAR from all “training” miles, but just happy to be riding. (And I’m hoping I can be outside a lot and off the trainer all this month!)

Now that summer has hit, I won’t be as consistent. I don’t expect such decent “all around” numbers these next few months. Maybe I’ll have a big bike month or a big run month here-or-there, but with lots of fun planned with my boys, I won’t be keeping such strict daily routines. (I noted that the boys had their start to summer recently, and that I went for a longer swim because I didn’t need to be home to take them to school by a certain time!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.