Busted Bike 2.0

>> Thursday, July 20, 2023

After my bike exploded back in May and I finally got it back about 6 weeks later, it had ANOTHER breakdown.

I had ridden it 2 successful times: a kinda hard ride after getting it back, and then some quick 3x4 mile intervals later that week. I went on a normal ride on it (the 3rd after getting it back) which was 5 days before the Raspberry Run 1 mile race. And suddenly it started making noise.

I realized after the issue with the back derailleur that now my FRONT derailleur was about to break off my bike. I took it very easy and didn't shift from my front chainrings, and still it snapped off a mile later. I had to get home to get Henry to a day camp, so I quickly hailed an Uber:


Ubering home from around 35E and the Mississippi River.


Front derailleur mount in my chain when it should be in that spot on my frame.


So another trip to the bike shop!

After just a few days, they had the rivets pulled out, new epoxy cured, and the derailleur re-riveted:


Sweet.

And I had a successul ride yesterday! So I HOPE THAT'S IT for my bike issues!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.