SWEATY Bike Ride

>> Saturday, July 29, 2023

We've had a hot week here in MN. Thursday was our hottest day, with temps near 100 and a lot of humidity. (And it's true what they say: "it's not the heat, it's the humidity!") I got out for a ride, and I was DRENCHED pretty quickly.

My hands were so sweaty that I nearly slipped off my aero bars a few times. And I had sweat dripping into my glasses all throughout the ride. I didn't do anything too hard, but I just had a nice, moderate 30+ mile ride. I started down the Greenway Trail and back, and then did my "River Road / Shepard Road" loop:


Out-and-back to the west, and then that little loop counter-clockwise.


GROSS selfie as soon as I got into the house.
Sweaty, bug-covered, and sunscren in my stubble.

Between that ride and the workouts over the previous 2 days, I'd earned 4 more Garmin "badges:"


This ride got me the 200K and climbing badges, and biking to-and-from
swimming a few days before got me the swimming and 400K badges.

I ran intervals the next day, so I was happy I didn't go TOO hard. More on the intervals in my next post. Happy weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.