One Last Ski Trip for This Winter

>> Tuesday, March 09, 2021

My wife worked evenings this past weekend, so the boys and I headed out one night to ski at Elm Creek:


Henry trying out the TINY hill just to get his bearings.


Selfie with Henry after 2 easy runs.

I strapped on some skis for the first time in about exactly 25 years. Yikes. Luckily, Elm Creek is basically 3 different "bunny hills" with a terrian park in the middle.


Charlie heading down the farthest hill.


Looking back to the other 2 hills, with snow tubing WAY in the distance.


Charlie's heading up the tow rope, and Henry's at the top ready to come down. It was quite quiet!


Henry and Charlie. We got to watch the sun set up there.


MANY times, I barely got myself to stop before the 6' drop off at the end of the hill!

I was happy I only fell once. I was skiing accross the top of the 2nd hill to head down the 1st hill, and I just caught some funny edges. Getting up was WAY harder than I remembered as a teenager...


Henry just chilling at the bottom of the hill


Snack time before a few final runs!

Here's a 2 min video with a bunch of short clips of the boys. Check out Charlie going off the jump at the 0:40 mark, and then Henry crawling over it in the next clip (but coming to a perfect stop after):

I posted just the video of Charlie's jump on Instagram on Saturday night as well. He's a daredevil!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.