A WONKY Week of Training

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Here's what last week's training looked like, and it's the oddest week in a while:



What stands out the most is the lack of a Monday long run! After coming back from my injury just over a year ago, I started incorporating long runs back into my workouts around June of 2020. By mid-June, they were on Mondays. Every one, every week. And that's how they stayed every week since then.

But because I biked 41 miles the previous weekend for my 40th birthday, I knew it wouldn't be smart to run far as my next workout: that'd be a way to start my 41st year injured. So I ran easy on Monday, spun easy on Tuesday, and did my long run on Wednesday (nothing fancy: just a typical "middle miles a bit harder" at 6:22 pace). And then I tweeted this:



My 3 bike trainer workouts were all pretty easy, but I threw in a little effort on Saturday.

And I jogged with the boys as Charlie tried out his new bike on Thursday, so that's what that extra mile of running is (I jogged to a safe place to bike, and then sat around as they did laps on their bikes).

And my strength workouts were all pretty normal as well, except for Tuesday's HEAVY DAY that I posted about yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.