Two Good Runs Last Week!

>> Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Last week looked like "more of the same" - I've had a lot of nice weeks that have looked like this recently:



My runs are worth noting.

I posted about last Monday's long run a few days ago. I ran 10.6 miles with the middle 6 faster than any other of my "middle hard miles" this year (in 37:25, which is 6:14/mile pace). But that was because I usually do such a perfect descend over those harder miles, and this time I started those miles faster. Again, check out this post for more on that.

Wednesday was just an easy run. Nothing fancy.

But then Friday was my speed day. I thought I'd try a 5K "time trial" of sorts. So I looked back to my Christmas Day 3 mile tempo run to see that I started at 10.2 mph for a mile (and then took note of how I bumped up the speed throughout). For this 5K effort, I started at 10.3 mph, and then bumped it up every half mile: 10.3, 10.4, 10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.1 for a bit around mile 2.5+, and then 11.0 for the final half mile or so.

My half mile splits were: 5:48 (for a mile, with half mile splits about 2:55 and 2:53), 2:49, 2:46, 2:42, 2:43, and 0:32 for the final 0.1, which totaled 17:24.17 for 3.1 miles. THAT WAS HARD. I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN FOR A WHILE.

(Again, than running outside because it's on a treadmill, but still sucky/owie/painful.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.