The Viral Wedding Video from 2009

>> Saturday, December 12, 2020

I shared this on Facebook yesterday, and I just have to share it here as well:

Remember 2009? Remember the viral video of the wedding party dancing up the aisle? I remember watching it many times. “The Office” used their idea (and referenced them directly) in Jim and Pam’s wedding, “Time Magazine” named it one of YouTube’s 50 best videos, and the couple raised $70,000 for different charities as it wrapped up over 100 million views.

Seemingly unrelated: Charlie has a Zoom surprise birthday party tomorrow for his new friend C. They joined our school this past summer, and C and Charlie became buddies. C’s Mom and I chat most days after school (when we were in-person) as she teaches at Hamline University as well.

Now to bring these 2 things together: yesterday I just found out that C’s parents are THAT COUPLE that danced up the aisle in that viral video 11 years ago! And she has signed cast photos from “The Office” hanging in her office at Hamline. I don’t know why, but this brings me so much joy! Our school has the coolest families! (... and then ours... bring the coolness down but the body hair percentage up.)

Take some time for some wholesome smiles.

And I shared THEE video:

Here's "The Office" and their version of this:

Oh, and someone commented about the upcoming Zoom birthday party:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.