My Family's 1 Mile Race Reports

>> Saturday, August 22, 2020

A few days ago, the 4 of us headed to the track. My wife and my boys had signed up for the TC 1 Mile this past winter. It was supposed to be held in May and was first postponed, and it was eventually held "virtually." So we went to the track to make it official.

First was my wife:


Starting off!


Being chased on the infield by the boys.


Breaking the tape!


Recovery.

The boys decided they wanted to do their race together, and my wife was going to run with Charlie. So they got ready to go:


My fellas.


A PRO starting stance by Chuckles.


Henry held a steady pace!


Charlie and Mama.

Henry was a rockstar. His first 2 laps were 2:11 and 2:13. Then he stopped for a drink (the timer kept going) before taking off again. He only stopped that once to walk/drink, and ran everything else! I was telling him he could break 10 minutes. But he held the pace and broke 9 minutes! His splits were 2:11, 2:13, 2:22 (inlcuding his water stop), and 2:09.


Sprinting to the finish! (Looking a lot like me here!)

Henry had just lapped Charlie. Charlie kept plugging away.


Still all smiles after 1 lap.


Looking a bit more rough after a few more


Coming to the finish!


Officially submitted results.

My wife started saying right away "it's good I didn't run with Henry because I don't think I could have kept up after my mile race!" I think Henry is interested in chipping away at that 89 second difference in their times. :)


Heading home.

Nice job, family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.