Mile Repeats at the Track

>> Monday, August 24, 2020

On Friday, the boys and I hit the track again. I did a slightly different workout than the ladder I did 2 weeks ago: I did a simple 3x1 mile repeats with 3:00 walking rest between.

It was warm and muggy. I ran a mile on the track as a warm-up, stretched and walked for a few minutes, and I was underway. I didn't have any real goals, but I knew I'd be under 6:00/mile (but I didn't know by how much).

My first 2 laps of my first mile were 2:56 which was a little depressing. That was basically 6:00 pace in my head, so I tried to pick it up. I ended up running this:

2:56, 2:49 = 5:46.20
2:52, 2:49 = 5:42.06
2:52, 2:47 = 5:39.86

Average of 5:42.7

Those got HOT and HARD by the end. I was happy to have negative split each interval, and to have descended the 3 intervals. I was hashed and grabbed a selfie as soon as I had finished:


Sweaty Betty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.