Long Stroller Run (The "Weird" Long Runs Continue)

>> Saturday, January 05, 2019

On Thursday, Charlie and I headed out for a long run. I wanted it to be around 10 miles, and after I realized I'd be running slower with the stroller, I figured 9.5 was good. (It be running SLOWER, but that meant I'd be out there LONGER while pushing MORE weight, so I didn't want to overdo it.) Here are 4 pics:


The trail was bumpy in areas where there were slushy footprints that had re-froze. (It was 22 degrees.)


Sun coming up over a partially frozen Mississippi.


Running back into the sun on the Minneapolis side of the river.


Charlie zoned out for a while. He's pretending to be sleeping here once we got home.

I didn't push the pace too hard or do anything other than "just run." My first 9 mile splits (of the 9.52 mile run) were 7:12, 7:05, 7:16, 7:10, 7:02, 6:53, 6:45, 6:53, and 7:39. Just "running."

Over the last 6 weeks, I've had some "weird" long runs:

- I did a boring treadmill 10 mile run with no music, TV, or even a window.

- Then the next week was a normal outdoor run.

- That was followed by 2 weeks of shorter runs because of some knee pain.

- We got more snow and slush that froze, so I did my next 9.5 mile long run on a treadmill. This time I had a window and some "Price is Right."

- And finally this week's long run was a bumpy stroller run. Only really 1 "normal" long run over these last 6 weeks.

I'm really not complaining. I'm just happy I'm running some decent distances!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.