2018 USA Triathlon Ranking

>> Monday, January 21, 2019

Just for fun, I recently check out my USA Triathlon ranking for 2018. The first thing I came across was my short list of all official USAT sanctioned tris and dus:



I guess it's not surprising that my highest ranked race was the 2015 Duathlon National Championships (at 99.758 points) which was really my last TRULY "A" race that I trained for. My other 2 rankings over 90 points were the Super Sprint at the 2015 Life Time Tri where I scored 91.489 points (and probably scored higher because I finished first overall because it was a VERY small race), and at the 2011 Apple Duathlon where I scored 90.908 points and raced hard before my wife gave birth to our first son. And my 4th place overall finish at the Trinona Sprint Tri in 2017 earned me NEARLY 90 points (89.76).

I found my wife's rankings too, as she was listed for the YWCA Women's Tri she did last summer:



It's not surprising to me that her top score (76.243) was at the 2010 Rev3 Cedar Point 70.3. She nailed that race. (And then I nailed her... she got pregnant shortly after.)

Anyway, back to 2018 results... my one USAT sanctioned race in 2018 put me at 18th in Minnesota in my age group:


Near the bottom of this pic with 84.593 points for 2018.

And here in the middle of this pic, it shows that I ended up 87th out of 540 in the Midwest Region in my age group:



That was all based on my race at the Maple Grove Triathlon last year - possibly my worst multisport race of the year. USAT ranking has never meant anything to me, but if I plan on doing any of their sanctioned races this year, maybe I'll train for them a bit harder. :)

SIDENOTE: I'm gearing up for an exhibition at Hamline University. I just made a bunch of prints for the show. Check that out on my Photo Blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.