Incentive to Race Harder from Brooks

>> Saturday, January 26, 2019

Brooks did something a few years ago at the TC Marathon where if you were faster during a late mile of the race (like mile 22) than your overall marathon average, you’d be put in a drawing to win some Brooks swag. I thought that was a fun idea.

This year, they did something like that for the Marathon called “Outrun Yourself” when you tried to beat last year’s time. What I didn’t realize is that they were also doing it for TC 10 Mile. If you ran the TC 10 Mile in 2017 and then ran it FASTER in 2018, you’d be entered. Well, I qualified by 18 seconds: 1:01:59 in 2017, and 1:01:41 in 2018. So I received an email saying I’d already won:



- 25 GRAND PRIZE winners would get free marathon entry for 2019, a VIP package, a pair of Brooks running shoes, and 2 other Brooks apparel items.
- 125 FIRST PRIZE winners would get free marathon entry for 2019.
- And EVERYONE ELSE would get a running hat from Brooks.

When I got my postcard notice in the mail a month ago, I was one of the “everyone else.” So I stopped by Running Room to claim my free hat:





It’s actually quite cozy, pretty thick, and it’s lined inside. Could be good for these winter runs! Thanks TC in Motion and Brooks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.