Three Quick Pics from the TC 10K/5K (and Loony Series Standings!)

>> Saturday, October 03, 2015

Well, Mama, Henry, and Charlie are all sleeping upstairs right now. Pharmie and I had some decent runs this morning at the TC 10K and 5K as part of the "Loony Challenge." We were also BOTH interviewed on live TV between our 2 races by Todd Walker from the Fox9 Morning Show. (I'll share a link to the video if they put that segment online later.) Here are 3 quick pics:


Pre-10K photo with the Cathedral of St. Paul in the background.


I ran the 10K with my camera like I did last year. This is just before mile 4 for me
and the guy in red on the far right as we're heading back towards the finish,
and ALL these people heading out are around mile 2.5. Quite the scene!


Breakfast with the family post-race.

As far as current "Loony Challenge" standings go, I know I'm NOT leading like I was last year! A friend showed up at the start line who I didn't know was doing the Loony, and he beat me by 0:01 in the 10K, and then by 0:02 in the 5K! And there may have been more Loony runners in front of him. He and I might have a good (painful) race tomorrow! I place my chances at about 8% to beat him because he's more of a distance runner - I thought I'd be a few seconds faster in the shorter races where I tend to be stronger, but he's already got the lead! (At least he's got the lead on me; who knows how we stand in the series overall.)

TOMORROW SHOULD BE FUN! I've got the TC 10 Mile left, and Pharmie still has to run the Marathon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.