Race Goals for Tomorrow's Tri

>> Saturday, August 16, 2014

I think I do better at a race when I tell myself my goals beforehand. Here's a conversation with myself about tomorrow's race at Lake Marion:

SWIM: Fast and hard. Swim to the outside for clean water. Hard. And fast. And hard.

BIKE: Try to give a BIT more effort than you did at the Waseca Triathlon. You biked a LOT last month, but not much of it was fast, so you still get tired pretty quickly when going hard. But try not to worry about that and just GO.

RUN: It's just a 5K, so shoot for a half mile split of sub-3:00 at least once. Can you do 2? Or 3? The other 2 times you did Lake Marion, you did the 5K in 18:30 and 18:23 - that's 5:58 and 5:56 pace (and one of those ended with a 5:30 mile). But you've spent the last 12 months injured, so see if you can keep it sub-19:00 overall. Can you bust that out?

TRANSITIONS: Think through what you need to do at the end of the swim and bike. Be prepared, clean, and speedy. Remember, you could have went from 2nd to 1st in your age group at the Waseca Triathlon if you were better in transition. Be better than Waseca!

And here's an Instagram photo of mine from last night:


Hanging with my boys, grilling burgers, and cleaning my bike
for this weekend's race. #DadLife #LifeIsGood


Time to race! Matt and Angela are racing too. Stop back to see how it all went!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.