Tagged: Seven Things

>> Friday, February 29, 2008

Tracie tagged me, and now I need to share 7 random or weird facts about myself. Here it goes:

• I created a video application for Team EvoTri that didn’t make the cut. You can check it out by clicking here (it’s really not that exciting, so don’t bother). What may be MORE exciting is the Blooper Reel. Yesterday, I put all these foibles together to create 70 seconds of mistakes (huh...I think that’s also the way mom refers to the night I was conceived). Check it out:


(If you can’t view the video above, see it directly on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LlVzWvRyzc.)

• I was born on Friday the 13th. When I mention that to people, the most common reaction is, “Oh, that explains a lot.” Jerks.

• I started teaching college a few days after I turned 24. My first class had an average age of 31. Now, about 3 years later, I’ve taught a total of 34 courses at 4 different colleges/universities in the Twin Cities area.

• When I was younger, I thought I was Jewish.

• Two years ago, I said I’d never do an Ironman. Then, I did one. Years earlier, I said I’d never run a marathon. Now, I’m signed up for Grandmas Marathon in June. I guess I’ve learned never to say never.

• I don’t drink much alcohol. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever been drunk. But I make up for that by pooping a lot. I mean, A LOT. I really don’t know what those 2 things have to do with one another, but, well, there ya go.

• I carry a tweezers around in my wallet for those random splinters life sends my way. Seriously. Ask me when you see me - I'll show you. It comes in handy.

Now, as the rules say, I must tag 7 others or my face will explode (or something like that). So, Big Mike, J-Wim, Jeremy, Jumper, Julia, Mister P, and Danielle in Iowa, consider yourselves all tagged.

29 comments:

Laurie 4:13 PM, February 29, 2008  

45 seconds in... I don't even want to know.

xt4 4:44 PM, February 29, 2008  

I laughed out loud dude. Especially at the random 45-second bit. Fantastic. If I had a team, you'd be on it.

J~Mom 4:51 PM, February 29, 2008  

Your blooper reel had me ROLLING!!! OMG that was funny stuff!!

ShirleyPerly 4:52 PM, February 29, 2008  

How funny, I posted 7 things about myself today too! I think all of us who submitted a video should have gotten a consolation prize. I don't know about you, but I find it much more difficult talking to a camera than I do talking to people.

Stef0115 6:47 PM, February 29, 2008  

ROFL!! Love the blooper video, especially the burp.

Anonymous,  6:51 PM, February 29, 2008  

FYI....drinking and pooping ARE related! a heavy night of drinking = a long day of pooping the next day. We like to call it the "beer shits." hehehe i'm sure that doesn't gross you out, considering the stuff you've shared on here before :)

Iron Jayhawk 7:44 PM, February 29, 2008  

omg. You have me keeled over laughing...yet again!

Hope that excessive pooping thing is working out for you.

IronMin 8:40 PM, February 29, 2008  

When is the Steve Stenzel Triathlon anyway? I didn't see it listed on active.com but I hear that the port-a-potty setup is totally sweet and the after race meal is some form of mexican-wanna-be food that causes gas. SIGN ME UP!

Brian 9:03 PM, February 29, 2008  

very funny stuff. did you actually do an ironman before you did a marathon?

Donald 9:09 PM, February 29, 2008  

Bummer that you weren't picked. You would have been a great part of the team.

Ryan 5:59 AM, March 01, 2008  

Have you ever not carried the tweezers to see if maybe those are the cause of your large poop volume?

m 7:04 AM, March 01, 2008  

You are too funny!

I love to poop. My husband is the lucky one and can poop 3x a day. (the family isn't so lucky on that front/smell) I have a friend who can only poop 2x a week.

After writing this I realize I have issues with poop.

The Sm'allards 7:54 AM, March 01, 2008  

Funny, when I was younger I just wanted to be Jewish. It just seemed so much better than not being Jewish.

sRod 8:06 AM, March 01, 2008  

Chipotle has a similar effect on me. Although it's very inconvenient at work.

Kate 9:09 AM, March 01, 2008  

I could have written the comment on alcohol/poop on my blog! Same deal. Hilarious.

Anonymous,  9:22 AM, March 01, 2008  

I loved the blooper video!!

Chad 12:50 PM, March 01, 2008  

The blooper real was great. I own the exact striped shirt you were wearing, except mine is 2 sizes bigger...Twice a day at the same times everyday is the way to go.

Michelle 3:34 PM, March 01, 2008  

love the dance contest moves in your underwear! (was that what you were wearing?)

Kellye Mills 7:55 PM, March 01, 2008  

The blooper tape would have gotten you in for sure!! :)

21stCenturyMom 8:41 PM, March 01, 2008  

mmmmmmmmmmm.............Chipotle - I'M STARVING NOW!

I loved the dancing in your skivvies - that should have stayed in!

Anne 8:54 PM, March 01, 2008  

Think if Team EvoTri knew you were such a big poop, they'd reconsider?! Love the blooper reel, especially the dirty dancin' slice.

Sixteen Chickens 6:15 AM, March 02, 2008  

You should have entered that one. Great sense of comic timing putting it together. *urp

tracie 9:19 AM, March 02, 2008  

not only am i glad that you shared the blooper vid with us, but also that your face didn't blow up :P

Unknown 10:01 AM, March 02, 2008  

Ok, so I don't get the "I thought I was Jewish" I mean, wouldn't you know if you were or weren't?

trimybest 10:03 AM, March 02, 2008  

ahhh ive been tagged! ive been so busy lately i havent updated my blog. i guess i better get on that!

Lance Notstrong 7:17 AM, March 03, 2008  

I poop alot too. Some times 3 times a day!!! I think it's the swimming LOL!!!

MEX-WORKS RACING 3:59 PM, March 03, 2008  

I try reading blogs at work. Yeah, I know...shouldn't really be doing that. I laughed so loud when I read about being jewish and pooping alot I had to stop the video...I'll be on my way to fired. Hope you were able to enjoy some ice cream. I won't stop until I've finished off the entire carton of Moose Tracks...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.