Second Open Water Swim + Sunburn =
4th of July Weekend

>> Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sarah and I are staying with some friends in their cabin in Wisconsin this weekend. On our way here, the last 3 “towns” we drove through were unincorporated. We are officially in the middle of Po-dunk-ville, USA.

I tried to go for a swim in weedy, muskrat-ridden Trade Lake this morning, but it didn’t go well. It was windy, and the waves almost beat me. I didn’t swim far, but at least I’m getting a little better at swimming in a straight line. Shut up, it’s harder than it seems.

I got a little bit more of a workout when Sarah K, Trevor, Maddy, Jess, Al, Sarah L, and myself went out on the boat. We dropped anchor and just sat in the 12-foot water. I was the only one without a life jacket on, so I treaded water for 20-30 minutes (is “treaded” correct? It seems incorrect.). That at least counts for a little something.

The next morning, I went for a 7.5 mile run around said lake, and I thought it was too early to get burned. Wrong again, Steve. Happy 4th of July! And remember, sparklers are dangerous too!


Side A


Side B

1 comments:

Anonymous,  7:02 PM, July 18, 2006  

u r going to get skin cancer! usssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee SUN SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.