December in Review

>> Saturday, January 13, 2024

I know we're part way through January, but I still need to write-up my "2023 in review." Before I can get to that, here's what December looked like:



- SWIM: 10,200 yards
- BIKE: 123.80 miles
- TRAINER: 9 hours and 24 mins
- RUN: 100.15 miles
- STRENGTH: 49 hours and 18 mins


Swimming was fine: 2023 had 6 months with less yardage than that and 5 months with more. So very "normal." And I had 2 swims that were within a MINUTE of being an hour, and I wish I had known that at the time to hit 60+ mins for the first time in years. D'oh.

Outdoor biking was huge for a winter month in MN for me! I biked to and from class 2 days/week for 23 out of 25 classes from Sept through Dec, and also 2 more days to stop by to get some grading done. So no outdoor "training," but a lot of riding.

Trainer time was decent as I worked to get back into the swing of winter training. I only had 3 months all of 2023 with more time on the trainer (last winter), and I need to work on increasing this number as winter rolls on.

Running was good! I'm thrilled any time I break 100 miles, and my longer 2x2 mile interval workout on the 29th made me crack 100 miles - I honestly didn't know where I was for the month, so I truly wasn't trying to pad my miles. I only had 2 months in 2023 with more miles of running, so this is a nice number! (One month with 89 miles, 7 months in the 90s, and 4 months just over 100.)

And my strength time was another monthly PR! I set a PR in November with about 47.5 hours of strength time, and I broke that by nearly 2 hours with over 49 hours the following month in December! Nice!

Overall, December was pretty consistent, with 2 missing elements from a perfect month: first, a shorter strength day on the 20th and NO strength or biking on the 21st because my boys and I spent 2 nights at a state park. And second, a missing bike ride on the 30th because of a Christmas party (and a shorter bike ride the week before on the 23rd for the same reason). No complaints here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.