Big Miles on Old Shoes

>> Saturday, October 21, 2023

I recently retired some running shoes because I had a LOT of miles on them. I wasn't getting any aches or pains (which is a sign that I need to change shoes), but my miles told me it was time.


590 miles is a lot for me!

My boys told me to do 2 more runs on them so I could hit 600, but I wanted to be smart. I changed them out after the Fall Classic Duathlon so I'd have 2 shorter/easier runs in my new shoes to break them in before having a longer run. Here's my old and new shoes:




Old vs new: the soles show the miles!


The inserts aren't THAT different.

Those old shoes lasted just over 5 months as they were put into use in early April:



Here's a quick screenshot of my "retired" equipment in my training log. I really never look at this, but I had to glance at it after nearly hitting 600 miles on this pair of shoes. Highlighted in blue near the top is my record setting pair that I was wearing when running with baby Henry about 11 years ago where I accidentally logged 691 miles! And the red near the bottom was the current pair that I just retired:



You can see that average is around 350-400 miles for most pairs of running shoes for me. But these Sauconys have been treating me well, and out of the 8 pairs I've went through (the Saucony Hurricane 22s and 23s near the bottom), 3 had between 400 and 500 miles, and 3 had over 500 miles. Too bad they discontiuned them!! I have 1 more new pair in my closet, and then I need to start breaking in a different style/brand of running shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.