August's Training Numbers

>> Saturday, September 03, 2022

August was a decent month of training! Here's what it looks like in my log:



- RUN: 107.30 miles
- BIKE: 71.70 miles
- TRAINER: 12 hrs 57 mins
- MOUNTAIN BIKE: 3 hrs 40 mins
(about 37 miles)
- STRENGTH: 42 hrs 45 mins

There are two big things worth noting in there:

First, my RUNNING mileage was over 100 miles for the first time in a long time. In March and August of 2021, I ran 103 miles, but I had to look back to January of 2016 to find the last time I was over 107 miles! (With 116 miles 6.5 years ago.) A lot of that was just the timing: the month started with a long run which then had 4 full weeks after that, and then I had an extra long run and shorter run before the month was over. Big month!

Second, my STRENGTH work was a lifetime monthly PR! At the start of the pandemic 2+ years ago, it was normal for me to be in the low-to-mid 30s (which was a big jump from pre-pandemic), and I was closing in on 43 hours last month! I think I've only been over 40 hours once before (in March of this year). A lot of this is just repeated slightly longer core workouts - nothing major.

And I loved my three days mountain biking with my boys! You can see them on the 9th - 11th. Here are 3 posts about that: lots of photos, a handful of video clips, and Garmin maps of our rides.

I feel like I've said this a few times over the last 4-6 months, but I REALLY expect some of this to be cut down this fall as I start teaching 3 classes (2 of which are brand new to me, 1 of them being at a brand new college for me). I expect my strength time will get shorter, but maybe more intense which wouldn't be a bad thing! And some trainer rides might start disappearing. We'll see...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.