Cuyuna Mountain Biking Garmin Maps

>> Wednesday, August 31, 2022

This is just for fun (and for the memories). Here's some of my Garmin data from my trip up north earlier this month with my boys.

On day 1, we got up there and rode around for the afternoon. My boys just wanted to stay on the "skills loops" because they loved them so much:


A bunch of loops on our first afternoon there.


Highlighting the 3 loops and the trail up to 2 of them.


My HR on that ride.

The peak at mile 1 was doing the "easy" loop a bunch and ending as fast as I could with a 60 second lap. Most of the big dips were where I was stopped with the boys for a bit, so I stopped my Garmin. The big final peak is doing the "more difficult" loop a bunch with Henry.


Riding around a skate park (lower right) and then to the park (lower left) after supper.

Day 2 started with a solo run before the boys were up. I ran north to the paved trail, and then nearly ran back to the skills loops that we were biking the day before:




The BIG ride with my boys that morning! We ended with many "skills loops" at the upper right.


6.9 mph for the first 5 miles, and 7.0 mph for the last bit.

After having lunch and then stopping for a swim break, we changed again and biked some more. We hit the skills loops a few more times:


(And then we swam some more after that!)

On day 3, I again got up early, but this time I went out on a mountain bike ride on the main paved trail that runs through the park (the same one I ran on the day before, and the same one that the 3 of us were on for a bit along the south side of Huntington Mine Lake). I went until it spit me out on a country highway, went a bit farther down that highway, came back close to home, went back into town a different way, tried a mountain bike trail (that I soon realized was 1-way and would take me WAY TOO FAR around a lake), and then ended with some ACTUAL mountain biking just north of the Crosby/Ironton border. I didn't dare take unknown mountain bike trails when it was still a little bit dark outside, but I felt like finally trying it at 6:30 when I was nearly done with my ride.


Solo early morning ride.


The brief bit of "actual" mountain biking that I did near the end.


My first 3 5-mile splits were within 14 seconds! Split #5 was mountain biking and
turning around. Split #7 was that fun little loop (and spur) seen in the image above.

The boys and I packed up and went to do the skills loops some more - they just LOVED those loops. Henry convinced me to also try the other "more difficult" loop (which I knew had a big drop that I wasn't ready to try) and the "very difficult" loop which is just tricky at the start and is fine after that:


Doing all 5 loops up there!




I think that's my PR for the easy loop: 0:58.4.

Again, here's my post with lots of photos from our mountain biking, and here's a short video with some clips from our trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.