Something Unusual About This Week...

>> Saturday, September 11, 2021

Two colors appeared in my training log that don't often do: BLUE and GREEN:



Yes, that's a SWIM for the first time in 18 months (as I noted in Thurday's post), and also a BIKE. I've been doing a lot of trainer rides, so my last bike ride before this was 3 weeks ago. (I've been outside for just over 300 miles this year so far!)

And it's been about exactly 2 years since a swim and a bike happened in the same week...

... SO WHY DON'T I JUST DO A TRIATHLON TOMORROW?!?

Yep, I'm hoping to race Square Lake Sprint Triathlon tomorrow morning. The swim and bike are a bit on the longer side for a sprint triathlon (0.5 mile swim, 18.5 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run), so it's probably a bad idea. Whatever.

And my Garmin died in the pool earlier this week, so I'll be racing all by effort with no ways to really "check in" until mile 1 of the run. I don't really used my Garmin to check my pace during the swim of a triathlon, so that's not going to be an issue. But I like to see my overall pace on the bike every few miles, and that will be VERY STRANGE to not know. (18 mph? 23 mph? Who knows!) And same with starting the run: my Garmin was set to take 1/2 mile splits, so I could really get a sense of pace on those heavy post-bike legs on the run within a few minutes. But not tomorrow.

This should be interesting!! Watch for updates on Twitter (Steveinaspeedo) and possibly Instagram (stevestenzel) on Sunday morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.