Pics from the Square Lake 70.3 Triathlon

>> Saturday, September 18, 2021

As I was looking for photos of the Square Lake Sprint Triathlon on Facebook, I came across an album of photos from the day before: the Square Lake 70.3 Triathlon. I raced the sprint the following day, but here are some photos from the longer half iron distance race:


R.D. Judi during the National Anthem.


Taped nips during the National Anthem.


Randy and Judi sending athletes off.


Old guy back goals.


Swimmers heading out.


A smile from Randy!


Lined up for the time trial start.


A SWEET ride waiting in transition! Notice the pancake decal under the saddle.


All swimmers in the water!


The leaders returning.


Epic beard and tats heading into T1.


GET READY, because you're about to see a lot of these 2 friends racing together...


Here they are leaving T1 realizing that some friends/family came out to surpise them!


Climbing that little bugger just out of T1.


I like this guy.


I think that's Dr. Joe!!

Dr. Joe was one of my wife's "race buddies." She likes to make friends during longer races to help keep her company, and they met during the 2009 Liberty Half Iron Triathlon. And then we cheered him on at Ironman WI later that year. Dr. Joe, I hope you're well!




Eventual winner Nick gets a bottle at the start of the 2nd loop of the bike.


More water hand-offs.


Close up on the cute kid in that last photo! Such a helper!

There were some missed hand-offs at the bottle hand-offs:












Dr. Joe!


Nick finishing the bike!


Kortney ended up as the 1st female (and 3rd overall!).


The sweet bike!


Using a trisuit to hold a water bottle.


Downhill to the first parking lot, and then heading back uphill before going back down to transition.


These 2 friends hitting T2 with some sass.


Sassy friends.


The friends running out of T2.


Up that damn hill out of T2 (transition in the background).


Cresting the hill, then heading back down only to climb out of the park again. (It's hilly out there.)


Patriotic on Sept 11.


Heading out on the run as Judi watches.


Nick coming in to take the win!


Kortney finishing as first female and 3rd overall!
She had the 3rd fastest bike split and 2nd fastest run!


I would do this and hurt myself.


I love family finishes.




"I am this guy's epic fan club."


That damn downhill to the finish... it felt out-of-control like this.


Here come the best friends! Hand-in-hand of course!



I'll be back with some photos from the Square Lake Sprint Triathlon in a few days. Let me tell you... I look pretty crappy in all of mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.