I Keep Thinking I'm Done With The Treadmill For The Season...

>> Monday, May 03, 2021

Seriously. I was going to add up and post my "winter treadmill miles" a few weeks ago. But then I just kept hitting the treadmill now-and-then for more runs.

Many times over the last few weeks, it's been a case of getting in a run as my wife is heading off to work while the boys are still in bed. I hop on the treadmill, she leaves, I'm still on the treadmill, the boys wake up, and I'm still home working out. It's a good use of those early morning hours.

Monday was one of those days. I did my long run of 11 miles in the basement before I took the boys to school:


Finishing up the Boondock Saints after 11 miles in 76 minutes.

That run was nothing too fancy. It was basically the run that I did ALL winter on the treadmill: a few miles easy, and then 6 miles of bumping up the speed 0.1 mph every half mile starting at 8.9 mph (topping out at 10.0 mph [or 6:00/mile pace] for the last half mile). After many good weeks of outdoor long runs, I thought this might seem easy, but it was still pretty rough in the middle as those harder 6 miles seem to drag on. I did those 6 miles in 38:08, or 6:21.3/mile.

p.s. Starting in December of last year (when we got the treadmill), I've logged 317.5 miles of running on it. That's 63.1 miles in Dec, ALL 89.0 miles of Jan's running, all but one run in Feb for 79.3 miles, and about half of March's and April's miles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.