Post-Race Week-in-Review

>> Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I had a nicely quiet week after Goldy's Run 10 Mile on the 7th. I rested a bit, and skipped a workout:



• MON: just some core and stretching. Normally a swim day, but rested the day after a race.

• TUES: easy run, and some P.T. leg exercises. My legs felt OK!

• WED: upper body and abs. This was the skipped workout. I didn't hit my trainer in the morning. I've REALLY been slacking on the trainer, and that's become a bit OK with me. I'm really happy with my running, and I'm OK not being in KILLER bike shape at the start of multisport season.

• THURS: easy run, and some P.T. leg exercises.

• FRI: swim and core. A simple pyramid set in the pool.

• SAT: moderate run, and upper body. It was a "short" long run as I had just raced 10 miles 6 days before. So I just sort of ran. Legs still feeling good!

• SUN: good trainer workout (FINALLY) and some legs. I did half of a Spinervals DVD workout and got a good sweat going for 75 minutes.

This was the weakest looking week I've had in a while, but it's also the first week after a longer race in the last 6 months. (I looked back - the week after the TC 10 Mile had similar numbers: a bit less running and strength work, but a bit more swimming and trainer time.) Hitting it a little harder already this week: had a good swim yesterday, and a 10.5 mile run this morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.