Rest is Helping!

>> Monday, December 10, 2018

Quick update: my wife and youngest (Charlie) are out of town helping my mother-in-law after hip surgery. (Rest up Monica!) Henry and I have had the place to ourselves since yesterday! We went to Blue Sun Soda Shop and played some pinball, and then did housework last night. It's been a weird 2 days not having to worry about getting Charlie down for naps! So much freedom!!

Because of our "different" schedule right now, I didn't have a post ready for this morning. In my weekend post, I noted some knee and calf pain that showed up. It's getting better QUICK because I'm being smart: I skipped my bike yesterday and I skipped my swim today. I just got in a good stretch, and my knee shows NO sign of any issues (I know it's far from 100% yet, but it FEELS good), and my calf feels about 90% - just maybe a bit tight yet. YAY for rest! (It's hard for me... ESPECIALLY when half the family is out of town and I'd have the chance to do WHATEVER sort of workout I'd want!)

Tomorrow, I'll skip my run as well. So after having a swim, bike, or run every day for the last 6 weeks, I'll have at least 3 days off in a row. Then on Wednesday, I'll just try a easy spin to get the blood flowing and then stretch well afterwards. Then hopefully a short (4-5 mile) run on Thursday. (So that's 3 days of total rest with an easy day before and an easy day after.) Then go from there!

1 comments:

drdave 9:16 AM, December 11, 2018  

Good idea! Funny how we get smarter with age! LOL

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.