Riding Strong: Another Bike PR!

>> Saturday, April 22, 2017

About 2 weeks ago, I shared this post that noted I had just had a PR on my "go to" bike loop. Two weeks ago, I did this loop along the Mississippi River, up Ramsey Hill, and along Summit Ave with a 21.0 mph average. My previous PR was from 2 years earlier, and it was 20.6 mph.

Well 2 days ago, I went out to do that loop again between classes. It was 39 degrees, everything was wet, and it drizzled a bit during part of the ride, so I wasn't expecting it to be fast. But I got up Ramsey Hill with a 21.4 mph average. I kept it as strong as I could into the wind down Summit Ave for the last 4 miles, and ended with a new PR: a 21.3 mph average! The ride was 0.03 miles farther than 2 weeks earlier, and 29 seconds faster.


A messy bike after a cool, damp PR.

All this bike riding mixed with my fastest running interval workout ever along with a stretch of having a swim, bike, or run workout 67 out of the last 70 days and I'm feeling ready to race next weekend!! Cannon Falls Duathlon, here we come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.