Run Count: SIX in the last TWELVE days!!

>> Monday, August 01, 2016

Yep. I'm running strong. Last night, I went for 6x (2 mins running, 3 mins walking). That's a total of 12 minutes of running! I wore my Garmin, and these were my 2 minute splits:



Here were my 4 BIG runs last week:


Only running M-F as we were at the lake with my Grandma.

Now I have 2 days off, and then on Wednesday I'll be starting a week that consists of 3 runs that are 5x (3 mins running, 2 mins walking). I'll be up over TWO miles each day I run! That's slow progress!

My shoulder is still sore from my swim a month ago, so I'll be asking PT about that this week and see if there's something I can be doing. And on Friday (as we were packing up from our family vacation), the bottom of my left foot started to hurt. It still hurts, but running last night didn't make it worse, so it might still be a "wait and see" approach.

5 comments:

Josh 7:16 PM, August 01, 2016  

Steve I know you are excited to run again...but for the love of god. You are going to get hurt again. Ive been trading reading your blog for 6+ years. You are doing what you said you wouldn't do. Stop running every run with intervals and fast! Thank you
Josh

Steve Stenzel 5:57 AM, August 03, 2016  

Josh, I can't tell if you're teasing or serious. (That's the internet for you.) These are all easy runs, and the "intervals" are prescribed easy running with walk breaks. It's all good! :)

Jumper 2.0 8:48 AM, August 03, 2016  

I took Josh as being serious. But, I can understand the confusion as an easy run for me would not involve anywhere near a 7 minute pace. Based on any running calculator Josh, this is an EASY run for Steve.

Josh 9:55 AM, August 03, 2016  

hello i was being serious and trying to keep it light at the same time. I was just trying to remind you since i recall a blog you wrote after you got hurt last time saying maybe running isn't for you, etc. I follow you and know you are a fast runner....but to say 7:09 is "easy". isn't really true is it? You race at about a 5:45-6:00 pace.
i was just trying to be helpful.

Steve Stenzel 3:15 PM, August 03, 2016  

Ha! I love this chatter. My half marathon pace is well under 7, so I consider anything much slower than that to be "easy." I'm not pushing the effort for these 2-3 minute runs. (If I were doing TRUE intervals around this distance, I'd be around 5 min pace - I recall my last interval workout of 800s being around 2:35-2:40.) I'm sure if/when I'm back to running for 20 minutes straight, I'll be more like 7:30-7:40 pace. There's a BIG shift for me between 6 min miles and 7 min miles. But don't worry… I'll keep it EASY! :) Thanks guys!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.