>> Monday, March 07, 2016
So Tri Fitness in White Bear Lake is having me giveaway another race entry after I did so for the "Half Fast" Half Marathon last month. This one is for the "Camp Wannarunamileormore" Half Marathon coming up on April 9th.
There are so many reasons to run this beautiful course. Run this certified course for a better corral placement at Twin Cities Marathon, run it to make sure you are ready for Grandma's Marathon, or run it for fun. Know that a portion of the proceeds goes to send kids to run camps or to be able to participate in track and cross country. Enjoy lake views while you run. The half marathon course runs around Bald Eagle Lake and through the gently rolling hills to Lino Lakes and back. The 11k runs around beautiful Bald Eagle Lake. The 5k is an out and back on the quiet and scenic roads around Bald Eagle Lake. We welcome all abilities of runner allowing up to 3 hours to complete the half. All finishers receive a finisher medal as well as a technical finisher shirt.
I want to point out 3 things:
• The half marathon is an official "Wave 1 Qualifier" for the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon. Nice. So that means it's USATF certified too.
• It falls into most people's Grandma's Marathon training plans well. Doing Grandma's? Consider this race.
• There are 4 race options: a Half Marathon, 11K, 5K, and Fun Run. I'll be doing the 11K or half. (Probably the 11K.) The giveaway coming up is JUST for the half because they want to highlight the first point I made above. And that it's a beautiful course.
HERE’S HOW TO WIN A FREE ENTRY IN THEIR HALF MARATHON:
FIRST: "like" Tri Fitness on Facebook. It's mandatory. So do it. Stop pouting.
SECOND: Leave a specific comment on this blog post. Tri Fitness is trying to learn something from you, so if you want to enter, have your comment answer what are the main factors that determine races you register for? You might also want to "sign" your comment so I know who you are if you should win.
I'll pick a winner sometime early next week (around the 14th or 15th), so make sure to check back, ESPECIALLY if you don't have a Blogger or Google account because I might not be able to get a hold of you.
- You may comment now on this post through the end of Saturday, March 12th.
- The winner will be chosen at random by a random number generator or by drawing numbers out of a hat.
- Check back to see if you won! Especially if you don't have a Google/Blogger account.
- If the winner does not contact me within 3 days after being announced, I'll be forced to draw a new winner. So check back and KEEP checking back in case the winner is lame!
- And as always, Tri Fitness has not told me to say anything specific (except to point out that it's a "wave 1 qualifier"). These words are my own. They are just giving me an entry, and they are giving an entry to one of my lucky readers.
Comment NOW (answering the question above) to be entered!