>> Monday, May 12, 2014
Saturday was a big day. We've been working on the landscaping around the garage (see this post from last month to see some previous work). We were finally going to plant our raised veggie beds and then re-seed part of the neighbor's yard that got torn up during garage construction last fall.
Here's a "before" shot from Saturday morning:
Skinny raised beds, pavers, and re-graded yard ready to be seeded.
Oh wait, that's not our garden. That's Charlie - my new son!!!
A little after 8 a.m., Pharmie thought we should head to the doctor's because she wasn't feeling baby move around much after having some contractions during the night, and she was worried.
Pharmie hooked up to machines, and Henry watching some "Thomas the Train."
Dealing with a contraction just outside the hospital. This was 1:20 p.m.
His first bath. Pharmie's Mom has been an OB nurse for 30+ years,
and she's given all 3 of her grandkids their first baths!
Henry, Evie, Steph, and Jon coming to meet Charlie.
Henry seeing his brother for the first time. There were lots of kisses. He's sweet.
Cousin Evie immediately demanded a baby brother of her own.
Holding Charlie for the first time.
Our new family of four!
Henry's already boring his little brother with his stories.
Some "milk drunk" smiles.
Headed home exactly 29 hours after coming in! CRAZY!
Henry, June 2011:
- water broke Friday night
- dilated to 0.5 cm
- after contractions for 18 hours, progressed to 2 cm
- after more active contractions, progressed to 3 cm
- got an epidural around midnight on Saturday night so she could rest
- started really pushing at 7:45 a.m. Sunday morning
- Henry was born 3.5 hours later at 11:15 on Sunday morning (36 hours after her water broke)
- Pharmie and baby went home over 2 days later (Tuesday night - a total of almost 4 days in the hospital)
Charlie, May 2014:
- water broke at 10:45 a.m. at the Y
- got to the hospital at 1:20 p.m.
- really only had about 2-3 pushes
- born at 1:56 p.m. (just over 3 hours after her water broke)
- Pharmie and baby went home the next evening (Sunday evening - 29 hours after coming in)
Back with maybe some more baby stuff soon, and then a training update. (I have good news and bad news about injuries and such.) For now, I'm off to spend some time with my boys!
(If you're feeling nostalgic, click here to see some of Henry's first photos and his birth story.)