>> Monday, April 22, 2013
Last week I hit the track for some intervals. I was planning on 3 or 4 1600s with 2:00 rest between.
I ran the first one very evenly: 2:50 + 2:50 = 5:40.
Before I had a chance to start the second one, I spotting a familiar figure heading towards me on the track. A chill ran down my spine and entered my anus.
He ran up to me and just stood there, trying to intimidate me:
So much drama.
#2: 2:43 + 2:45 = 5:28
#3: 2:44 + 2:45 = 5:29
#4: 2:47 + 2:43 = 5:30
That's an average of 5:31.75 / 1600 for those 4 intervals. That's 2 seconds slower than a few weeks ago, but I did an extra interval this time! Overall, pretty consistent. I'll take it.
I was ready to go take Devon out during his 10 x 800 workout, but a bunch of kids had just shown up on the track and in the stadium:
Watch it Palmer. I'll get you next time. Oh, and you'd run faster if you did stare at me the whole time while grabbing your junk:
Devon still running as I was heading home. Nasty heel-striker.
• #1: Being called out to have a race.
• #2: My history at the GW Du, and realizing Pete and I are toast.
• #3: Devon announces Ben Kampf as his runner.
• #4: Me fighting back.
• #5: Trash-talking tweets - I think I won that battle. Maybe.
• #6: Announcing the "equalizer" format! Pete and I stand a chance!