Soda In The Mail

>> Tuesday, December 11, 2012

After the snowfall seen in yesterday's post, there's not much to do right now in Minnesota...

...other than to consume sugar.

On that note, I just posted some fun good news on my Root Beer Blog. After about 10 weeks of root beer blogging, I got my first goodie package! Some people at Ozark Mountain Bottleworks saw my review of their root beer (which was quite good!). They wanted to send me 4 of their other sodas to try!! So 2 days after making contact with them, I got these goodies on my front porch:


Opened up, with four "4-packs" folded on top of 17 bottles.


Underneath, there were 4 bottles of 4 different kinds of soda
(plus a bonus Root Beer in the upper left).


Ozark Mountain Root Beer, Grape Pop, Lemonade, Cream, and Orange Cream.

(I posted a little more about Ozark Mountain in this post in my Root Beer Blog.)

I haven't posted about any of the sodas yet, but I tried the Grape Pop last night - it was good! (I thought Grape Faygo was a LITTLE better, but my wife thought Ozark Mountain was a LITTLE better - we'll have to get some Grape Faygo and do a blind taste test with one of our remaining Ozark Mountain bottles.)

Anyway, swing by my Root Beer Blog now and then. It's winter after all - time to hit the sugar HARD.

p.s. "Mouse over" the photos on my Root Beer Blog... I tend to make semi-sassy comments pop up when you hold your mouse over the image.

2 comments:

TriMOEngr 9:20 AM, December 11, 2012  

Will have to swing by and pick some up when we go to Branson on vacation next year (that was the family vote since it is only about 3.5 hours from our house). I'm sure my daughter and husband would dig the root beer. My son would go for the orange and I'd like to try out that lemonade - looking forward to the review.

Steve Stenzel 9:27 AM, December 11, 2012  

TriMOEngr, I still haven't tried the Orange Cream, but I can't wait. I got hooked on Orange Cream (which kinda sounds gross) when I had some from a local soda maker. Stop by when you're there!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.