Instagram of the Day: Foggy Long Run with Henry

>> Sunday, December 02, 2012

Henry and I loaded up this morning when it was about 31 degrees for a long run. He had tired eyes and was ready for a nap:



It was REALLY foggy when we got up at 6, and most of it had burned off by our 10 a.m. run, but it still looked like this from the Franklin Bridge over the Mighty Mississippi:



We covered 12.39 miles:


Sweaty hand hair. Gross.

We ran the first 3 easy, "built" over the next 2 miles (7:00 and 6:50), and then ran the next 4 harder (6:30, 6:25, 6:14, and 6:10). Then we cooled down for 3.4 miles. I think the Thanksgiving Race I did with Henry really helped my stroller speed - I was working hard for those 4 fast miles, but I wasn't DEAD.

This is what Henry looked like as soon as we got done running:



So this run puts me under 70 miles away from my 1,000 mile goal for 2012! And it puts my "Henry miles" at 481 for the year - we're going to crack 500 together if we have another mild weekend or 2 yet this year!

Happy running!

1 comments:

Christi 12:54 PM, December 02, 2012  

You have a great running partner! Congrats on your runnning miles this year!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.