The Best Part About Today's Race

>> Sunday, July 31, 2011

At best count, I've finished 23 triathlons and 21 duathlons over the last 6 years.

But today's race was the first multi-sport race that my parents came to watch!!


Pre-race with Dad and Mom


Afterwards with the folks - as a sweaty hot-mess
(I apparently raced naked today....)

For whatever reason, they haven't seen me (or Pharmie) race a tri or du before. A few days ago when it came up that they might be able to make it to today's race, I got pretty excited. I kept telling Pharmie (possibly annoyingly so) that I was pumped to have them there.

It was so fun to have Mom running (LITERALLY running) along side of transition so she could see me come in off the bike AND see me run out on the run! I think they both had a good time!

Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad!!!

Back soon with my full race report soon....

6 comments:

Greg 9:45 PM, July 31, 2011  

Sounds like a podium day!

SteveQ 10:36 AM, August 01, 2011  

Out of 600 races I've done, my father came to see 2. Of those 600 races, I've had 6 great races and my father saw 2 of them. In one of them, I was going to quit when I heard my dad cheer, so I sped up instead and passed a world record-holder! Having your parents there can be something special.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman 10:37 AM, August 01, 2011  

That's awesome. We always like to have our parents see us succeed! Glad they could make it out!

Chic Runner 11:52 AM, August 01, 2011  

How fun!!!!! Glad your parents came out and congrats on dominating another race!

Carolina John 1:01 PM, August 01, 2011  

Parental support for the multi-sport? My parents have never seen a race either. I couldn't even convince them to come to florida with me to Ironman, but they are going to keep the kids while Kelley and I go down in November. I'll take it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.