4 Good, Random Things

>> Wednesday, March 31, 2010

• Remember the “2 secrets for a successful race” that I posted about at the top of my Lake Johanna 4 Miler race report about 10 days ago? Well, I specifically RE-tested one of those theories before the 5K on Sunday. Yes, the 5K where I set my new PR. So whatever I did WORKED. I’ll just say that diet root beer had NOTHING to do with this test. ;) ;) ;)

• Matt commented on my 5K race report and said how much he loved that picture of me running to the finish! (Thanks again for that photo, Hun!!) Matt said “...I’ve got the Chariots of Fire theme running through my head...” The funny thing about this is that I finished to Chariots of Fire playing over the loud-speakers! REALLY! Pharmie heard it too! So my finishing thoughts were: “YAY! PR!” ...followed immediately by “Did I just finish to ‘Chariots of Fire?’ F*ck that.”

• Tomorrow (Thursday, April 1), a few of us are meeting at the track to do Kevin’s duahtlon workout that he shared with us this weekend. (That is the workout on the second page of my “Gear West Duathlon Clinic” article; Click here for page 1, and click here for page 2 which includes the workouts.) Any locals interested in a KILLER duathlon workout at 6:30 tomorrow night? Contact me if you are. And look for photos back here in a couple of days along with our thoughts on how the workout treated us. (Someone who has done this workout before warned me last night: she said not to eat much beforehand because it’s a puke-inducing workout. Yay.)

• Also, tomorrow I’ll be posting big, BIG, BIG giveaway news! Do you like tri / cycling gear? Then this is for you. I’ll be giving away over $1,000 in amazing bike and tri gear!! And no, it’s NOT an April Fool’s joke. But it DOES have to do with “lookin like a fool...” just NOT necessarily with your pants on the ground. Yesterday, I let the fans of Steve in a Speedo on FB know how to enter (a perk of becoming a fan!), so they are thinking if they (or someone they know) could come up with a good entry for the contest. Check back tomorrow for more!.....

1 comments:

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 8:02 PM, March 31, 2010  

You are a Chariot of Fire in my mind! F that he says...your F'ing right too!

Can't wait to hear about the new contest!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.