>> Monday, November 03, 2008
Well folks, here it is: my 300th post. Thought I’d make it big. So here are the 6 steps that recently got me from “Point A” to “Point B.”
1. Pharmie had registered for it months ago.
2. I already had a plane ticket, as I was planning on going to cheer.
3. It looks like one of the most spectator-UNfriendly courses that I’ve ever seen. I’d have a hard time cheering. The swim is a 1-way swim. The bike is a normal out-and-back. And the run is a point-to-point, so the runners finish MILES away from transition and the start of the race.
4. I’m turned on at the thought of 3-4 hours in the basement on the trainer on a cold February evening. Oh wait, no I’m not. I’m really, really not. Damn it.
5. I found out my ART Chiropractor, Dr. Folkse, was heading south to compete as well. And he was going with a group from Lifetime Fitness, so there’s the possibility of winter training rides. Jeez, just the thought of that sends chills through me. And they’re not “good chills” (like the kind I get from watching movies starring anything with boobs).
6. “Hey Pharmie, what’s the bike course like?” “It’s pancake-flat, Steve.”
That last one sealed the deal. Well, if I’m going down there anyway, I might as well bring my bike and compete in the damn thing:
Seriously though, I’m looking forward to it! And check out Borsch’s and my great 5K run below! Happy Monday!