News From The FDA

>> Thursday, August 30, 2007

“In a surprising reversal of its longtime single-helping policy, the Food and Drug Administration announced its approval of seconds Tuesday, claiming that an additional plateful of food with every meal can greatly reduce the risk of hunger as well as provide an excellent source of deliciousness...”

“...‘besides, with people staving in other parts of the world, it would be an absolute shame to let our nice food supply all go to waste,’ the commissioner added.”


The OLD food pyramid on the left is single helpings, and
the NEW food pyramid on the right is simply 2 pyramids.
Genius!

I’ve been consuming food like this since I’ve been competing in triathlons. This past Saturday morning, I got up and had breakfast. I went to the Y to workout, and then stopped at Cub Foods for a few things on the way home. The fresh “food-by-the-pound” was being set out, so I figured I’d listen to the FDA and have my 9:00 am meal between breakfast and lunch:



So my brunch consisted of an egg roll, 3 pot stickers, 2 taquitos, 2 chicken parts, and a pile of cheesy potatoes. I’m not gonna lie: most items were a letdown. And I was still hungry.

See you all mid-afternoon for lupper, and then a few hours later for supper.

10 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland 9:10 AM, August 30, 2007  

I heart The Onion!

And how come it is lupper instead of say, linner or sunch?

Spandex King 10:16 AM, August 30, 2007  

Have a milk shake for me. I'm working at the Cross Plains Bike stop. Be sure to post your race number. See ya on the course!!

greyhound 10:53 AM, August 30, 2007  

Like any good hobbit, I regularly have breakfast, second breakfast, elevenies, luncheon, supper, and dinner.

The (IRON) Clyde 12:21 PM, August 30, 2007  

Two of my all time favorite Onion Headlines.

"Pitching Tee Pitches No Hitter At Special Olympics"

and

"President Bush Plans To Attack The West Nile"

...good stuff.

xt4 3:47 PM, August 30, 2007  

Hey Steve! Race numbers are up!

Tri-Dummy 10:24 PM, August 30, 2007  

I bet you took a nice big greasy dump after that food. Nice!

Marcy 8:58 AM, August 31, 2007  

OMFG ROFLMAO at tri dummy! Very true though. I'd hate to see the end product of consuming that mess. Actually now that I look at it again . . .it kind of looks like end product.

I knew you'd be a bad boy while I was gone :P

Iron Girl Nyhus 1:39 PM, August 31, 2007  

Tri Dummy... I can't believe you said that... oh, wait, yes I can!

Laura

p.s. Steve, biked with Pharmie on Sunday... very fun (except for the crash part)... we'll have to do it again minus that!

ShesAlwaysWrite 4:52 PM, August 31, 2007  

I've recently discovered you also adopt the eating habits of a hobbit when you're 7 months pregnant... but without all the cool tan lines and muscle mass.

Oly 4:54 PM, September 02, 2007  

I'm having lupper right now. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.