Weight-Loss Long Run!

>> Saturday, July 25, 2026

My last "normal" long run was 12 days ago... I skipped my run earlier this week because of the Raspberry Run 1 Mile. It was a bit sticky, and I knew it was going to be a sweaty one... but hopefully NOT as bad as my last long run at the end of June where my heart rate SPIKED.

I happened to weigh myself before the run. I was 160.0 lbs.

Then I drank a lot of water before my run. And I stopped for 3 drinks during my run. All-in-all, I figure that I drank about 1.5+ lbs of water (that would be drinking 6 oz of water each time, and that's being conservative as it was probably more). Here's the pace chart of my run, and you can see the 3 times I got a drink during my run (in red), along with when I turned around (in blue):



Because it was warm, I only did 5 "harder" miles instead of my normal 6, but I was OK with that. Here's my route with half-mile splits, and I ran harder at split 5 and then eased up at split 16 (and then actually walked for a moment to split 17):



After weighing 160.0 lbs before my run and drinking 1.5 to 2 lbs of water during my run (meaning I should be 161.5 to 162.0 lbs), I weighed 156.4 lbs after my run. I had sweated out 5+ lbs of fluid during my run!!

But I felt fine. Again, it wasn't nearly as sticky and horrible as the run a few weeks ago. Ready for some cooler weather!! We had a few cooler days this week, but now it's back to being hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2026 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.