Three Semi-Normal Weeks

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2026

The last 3 full weeks have been pretty normal after a more random June. Here's what they look like:



This calendar starts with a "weird" day as we were still in Portland for Henry's fencing tournament. (Here's a post about a tempo run on the treadmill at the hotel, and here's a bit about the long run that's on the 6th on the calendar above.) That first week was just missing some leg exercises on Monday as we were still out west. The rest of that week was pretty normal: I had 19 hours of training, but some good legs on Monday would have put me over 21 hours, which is a decent week.

The 2nd week was a bit easier on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as I raced the Raspberry Run 1 Mile on Sunday (the RED on the calendar). So just an easier and shorter ride on Thursday, and NO ride on Saturday. So that week was 20.5 hours of training - a bit lower than a "good" week because of taking it easy leading up to the race.

And then last week (the 3rd week) was the best week. And that's even with skipping my long run (because it would have been the day after the race and I know I need to let my legs rest after that). So I started the week with an easy-ish post-race swim, and then had THREE GOOD BIKE RIDES as highlighted in my last post. That ended up being a week with 23.5 hours of training, which is one of my biggest this year - at quick glance, it was my 3rd biggest week all year, behind 2 other decent "bike weeks" in May and June (it's the bigger bike weeks that really help those totals).


The last 3 weeks of "intensity" minutes. Notice the slow climb
at the end of the middle week as I was resting up more for the race.


Again, the last 3 weeks were decent.

Oh, and in looking back through my Garmin app, I noticed my "floors" climbed (nothing I ever really look at) for the last 4 weeks, and you can REALLY TELL what 2 days we were hiking at Mount Rainier and then hiking up Multnomah Falls the following day:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2026 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.