Long Trainer Workout

>> Saturday, October 15, 2022

Earlier this afternoon, I had my longest trainer workout in recent history... possibly since training for NOLA 70.3 back in late winter of 2009!! I had a spin workout that was just 10 minutes shy of 2 hours.

Over the last year or so, a longer workout might be a 20-25 minute warm-up, 4x10 minute efforts with 5 mins easy in between (which would take 55 mins excluding the final 5 mins of easy), and then a 10-20 minute cool-down for a total of 1:30 to 1:40. I'll do something like that with efforts of 8x5 min with 2.5 mins easy in between as well. Those are my standard "longer" workouts.

Today, I started with 3x10 minute efforts (a pretty "normal" and not "long" workout), but then I ALSO did 7x90 sec efforts with 90 sec rest. It wasn't all that long ago (maybe 5 years?) that a workout like 7x90 sec efforts would be the *entirety* of my workout, totaling around 45 minutes after some a little warm-up and cool-down. But now it was tacked on the end of a much longer effort. (But you could also argue that I need to do more shorter and harder bursts of speed. I've been treating the bike more like extra endurance workouts lately, and I could be mixing it up more.)

Still, nothing AMAZING, but good for me!


Cooling down. That's "The Ring of Power" paused on TV, a sweated-through shirt
on my handlebars, Spider-Man to the left, and a pool of sweat below me.


Sweaty goodness. Also the reason that back room smells a little funky at times.


Note the left cleat: it broke on my last 10 min effort.
Did the 90 sec efforts slipping off the pedal from time-to-time.

The arrow on the right is pointing to a piece... and the arrow on the left is pointing to where there IS NO PIECE. I felt a tiny snap and then my foot pivoted just a bit and was looser, and then I could never clip in for the rest of the ride. Time to get new cleats... it's been a while!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.